Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks are very popular for a variety of reasons. Stainless steel kitchen sinks are popular for a variety of reasons, including their great cost, their great construction, and their light weight as well. You can find these sinks in various sizes and thicknesses as well, so you are sure to find the perfect one for your kitchen. So, if you aren’t quite sure whether a stainless steel kitchen sink is right for you, then the following are a few of the benefits you can enjoy with a stainless steel kitchen sink that you need to consider.
- Easy to Clean – Special cleaners and polishes will keep it in prime condition. Once a week cleaning is recommended to blend minor scratches with a soft cloth, going with the grain. Certainly avoid harsh chemicals such as bleach. With any sink, it’s a good idea to rinse and even dry the sink after each use. However, you should protect the sink against scratches, and a rubber mat can help you out with this.
- Long Lasting – This type of sink could last a lifetime, especially if it is cleaned regularly. When you are sure to take care of the sink, it will last for a long time and it will continue to look good as well. Keeping it clean and using a mat in the sink can help protect it so it will continue to look beautiful for years to come. It tends to not show it’s age as much as other kitchen sink materials.
- Many Great Styles – You’ll also find that there are a variety of great styles available when it comes to a stainless steel kitchen sink. Whether you want a contemporary style in your kitchen or you want more of a country style, you’ll be sure to find the sink that will look great.
- Durable – There is a reason it is called “stainless”. The mix of oxygen and chromium, which is in the stainless steel, creates corrosion resistance. Stainless steel also resists rust, chips, nicks, cracks and fading.
- Absorbs Shock – If you drop a glass into the sink, it is less likely to break, versus a cast iron sink, for example. This is a good thing because sink mats are not recommended.
- Low Cost – Cost of course depends on the gauge (thickness) of the steel and the shape, but generally speaking, they are priced reasonably.
This type of sink provides a sanitary surface with a choice of finishes – a mirrored finish which is shiny and a brushed or satin stainless steel finish which is less likely to show scratches.
Speaking of scratches, there are some drawbacks. It scratches easily and can dent if a very heavy object (such as a cast-iron pot) is dropped on it. To help with the scratching, invest in a good cleaner and follow the cleaning with a polish to blend in light scratches.
The noise factor can also be a problem. The sounds of water running, clanking of dishes and even the garbage disposal can be intensified because of the surface. Watch for sinks that are undercoated with a sound deadening material to reduce noise, inhibit condensation and provide better heat retention.
Stainless steel kitchen sinks only come in one color so you are limited there. However, if you have other stainless steel accessories, the sink will fit right in!
These drawbacks can be minimized with a lower gauge however. Stainless steel is measured by gauges so the lower the gauge, the thicker it is. If you go with a more premium sink of, say, 16 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink, it will be less likely to dent and create noise.
TORVA is an online kitchen retailer specializing in stainless steel kitchen sinks. TORVA have a professional R&D team to create new products. TORVA mainly offers stainless steel kitchen sinks, all sinks are made of premium 304 stainless steel (T304 or SUS304), durable and strong. Handcrafted brushed finish to prevent scratches for long-lasting use in your busy kitchen.